Severe Weather Tips
Severe weather can be unpredictable and leave your world turned upside down without warning. Taking precautions now, while the weather is stable, can help to protect your property and keep your family safe.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Make sure insurance policies are all up to date on a regular basis. If a change is made to any property in any way, be sure to update insurance immediately to avoid a claim dispute.
- Know your property's flood zone status ahead of time and have an evacuation route planned in case of flooding.
- Have storm supplies ready including flashlights, lanterns with batteries, and enough non-perishable food for each person to last 3-5 days.
- Remove any signs from your property that may blow away due to high winds including for sale signs.
- Learn about early storm warning signs such as hail before a tornado or ocean swells before a hurricane.
- Keep landscaping well-trimmed and free of loose branches.
This list is only meant to get you started. Please check your local listings for weather advice from meteorologists as storms develop in your area. Also, listen carefully to your officials in the event of an evacuation. While we can’t control the weather, we can control whether or not we are prepared for the unexpected.
View All Posts